Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

7.30.2006

Iznik Ceramics and Mood Indigo


Turkish jars below from yurdan.com


On Saturday as I browsed Anthropologie for new arrivals, I spotted a truly splendid book, Iznik: The Artistry of Ottoman Ceramics mixed in with a display of deep blue and white tabletop items. Indigos, navys and other rich dark blues seem more prevalent these days. Maybe there's a connection to the 1980s revival happening in design. Whatever it is, I find myself gravitating to navy combined with aqua or turquoise, and crisp white, in stylized Eastern inspired patterns.

BTW: look for Anthropologie's take on the blue and white plate to appear soon online.


Lulu DK Isis in navy


John Robshaw's linens


Anthropologie's ikat cushion in indigo


Tory Burch likes navy


new website graphics for Chapman Radcliff Home

2 comments:

jen said...

You can never go wrong with blue and white - it is so classically appealing - I have been accenting rooms with transferware since I was 19!

maditi said...

beautiful post - what an amazing collection of white and blue things you gathered!!!