Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

7.25.2006

More de Gournay: Bergdorf Goodman Restaurant By KWID




Yes, I realize you've probably seen numerous photos of BG, Bergdorf Goodman's in-store restaurant designed by Kelly Wearstler. But since I'm currently fixated on hand-painted de Gournay chinoiserie wallpaper, I thought I'd point out that Wearstler used de Gournay for BG. On the KWID site there are much better images that show how incredibly chic the space is with this exquisite paper, as well as sumptuous leather upholstery in pale blue, chartreuse and a golden caramel tone.

7 comments:

maditi said...

I can never see enought photos of that place - it´s just so very cool!!
I read an interview with Kelly Wearstler just a couple of days ago.
She described her style as "fearless" - I so love that:)

style court said...

Ooo, Maditi where did you find the latest interview?

jen said...

Of course KWID - that first space is utterly delicious...

maditi said...

... in the german issue of AD magazine ;)

style court said...

thanks Maditi!
Courtney

Anonymous said...

love those white/carmel leather dining chairs...do you know who makes them or where to order!!!!! I want them

Style Court said...

Anon -- I believe she used Moore and Giles leather.

www.mooreandgilesinc.com