Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

7.25.2006

Paper to the Max


image above from Jonathan Adler's My Prescription for Anti-Depressive Living



Gracie wallpaper, SY-210, in Maggie Rizer's home as seen in Domino April 2006

For some reason when I was little, I thought a big white ceramic dog would be the most elegant home accessory. Now that these are in vogue again and I could buy one for myself, I'm kind of over them -- although I think Adler's use of this dog by the door is adorable. What I do currently covet is wallpaper.

In a small windowless apartment entry, I love to see every inch of wall surface papered including the backs of doors. This really creates that jewel box feeling and says "Ah, home at last."

2 comments:

Sara said...

The wallpaper is Maggie Rizer's home is gorgeous! When I saw this in Domino, I loved her outfit as much as her home! That sweater is great (love the buttons),and looks so perfect with those jeans and heels.

style court said...

Oh yes, I LOVE the outfit as well! Everything you said echoed my thoughts exactly :)
Courtney