Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

11.18.2006

Adventurous Spirit II





A few gift ideas for the adventurous globe trotter in your life.

To shop, click the images in the grid above or see more of my Gifts for the Traveler list at ThisNext.


Shown above top: Kelly Wearstler's design for Tides South Beach, with geometric room dividing screens that resemble patterns originally found in North African and Middle Eastern architecture -- these patterns inspired British designer David Hicks in the 1960s and 70s; Jacqueline Kennedy arriving in India, 1962, as seen in the exhibition, "Jacqueline Kennedy: The White House Years" May 1, 2001 to July 29, 2001 at The Metropolitan Museum; Kate Spade's Libson carry-on in chocolate and Kelly-green.

BTW: Several of the gifts above are from Highland Gifts For Men, a stylish boutique located at 1002 Virginia Avenue., in the heart of Virginia Highland. Stop by for a bit of male-focused shopping, for a change, if you are in the Atlanta area.

5 comments:

marta said...

this makes me want to pack a real beautiful bag for a thanksgiving getaway! thanks for your ever-so stylish blog. i browse quite often and come away with the best ideas. it's pure bliss.

marta said...

this makes me want to pack a real beautiful bag for a thanksgiving getaway! thanks for your ever-so stylish blog. i browse quite often and come away with the best ideas.

style court said...

Thanks Marta! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Cheers,
Courtney

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and am so glad I did. Wierdly so it is almost as if you are writing this just for me, b/c you have hit on everything that I love. I really got freaked a little when I got to the anthropologie lamps b/c I just bought 2 of them 2 weeks ago. (by the way they were marked down at the richmond , va. store 40% off of the sale price of $199. I scored big time) Anyway, I will now be checking your blog daily. Thanks.

style court said...

Anonymous,
Congrats on your lamp score! Many thanks for your comments. Happy Holidays!
Cheers,
Courtney