Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

11.15.2006

Coyle Color





I didn't really intend to make this "Anne Coyle Week" on Style Court. Still, the launch of her new site has been fun and I want to share a few more samples of her vibrant use of color. These images are in my inspiration notebook and came from Elle Decor, March and May 2005.

Refreshing sorbet colors punctuated with a bit of high-contrast black lacquer or chocolate brown -- sometimes a hit of red -- are her signature. Lavender, which she has described as the new neutral, seems to be her favorite. But Coyle's range extends beyond pastels: check-out her press coverage in O at Home, spring 2005, shown on her site.

2 comments:

birdie said...

Ok, so I LOVE Anne Coyle's approach to color. Thanks for introducing me to her work!

And ps., your blog is fabulous! One of my new favorites.

style court said...

Thanks Birdie!
Cheers,
Courtney