Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

12.11.2006

Turk and Adler







Here's what we have been awaiting: a peek inside Trina Turk's first New York boutique, designed by Jonathan Adler, at 67 Gansevoort Street. Turk says she was after a West coast, Big Sur circa 1970s vibe, and selected Adler because of his work on the Parker Palm Springs. Turk's California boutiques were designed by Kelly Wearstler.

I love that branchy tree Adler used! What do you think?

7 comments:

Kate (ProjectMagenta) said...

I prefer the kwid designs, but that's a personal thing. I do like like this too and it seems like Adler delivered his interpretation of the West Coast Big Sur (hence the branches?) 70s feel Turk wanted. I will have to stop by to see in person for a better look.

pinkmohair said...

Thank you thank you thank you. I've been googling this repeatedly to try and see it but to no avail. I love the tree and am thinking about spraying our Bradford pears gold.

My Marrakech said...

I love the tree too but not so sure about the rest. Frankly, I would have expected more from an Adler/Turk combo, you know?

Anna said...

Courtney, You are so quick to get these pictures!! You're on the ball!! They've certainly used a gelati colour scheme yet almost sedate. The tree's are an interesting feature.
I don't think I like it as much as the stores Kelly Wearstler has done for her though.
Anna

ink said...

Wow, I love your style!

style court said...

Thanks ink!
Cheers,
Courtney

style court said...

I think there may be elements such as tiles, earthy textures and the fireplace that are not captured in these images. Adler is really good at hippie deluxe, and perhaps that vibe comes through in person. Has anyone stopped by yet?