Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

1.19.2007

More on Betsy Burnham


Just wanted to end the week with one more image of Betsy Burnham's work. The photo is by Lisa Romerein, and it was originally published in the Fall 2005 issue of InStyle Home. This vignette appeals to me, not only because of the pair of framed chinoiserie wallpaper panels (which of course I'm in love with) but also because of the layers: the pair of shell-encrusted lamps, the rich wall color and the family photos. Although there is a lot going on here, to me, the symmetry keeps it from being too much. I think this makes a nice follow-up to my post, Framing Wallpaper Panels.

2 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Style Court-
I couldn't agree with you more about the "layers" making this room interesting. I'm drawn to rooms like these because it seems that everytime I look at them I notice something new!

Anna said...

I would do anything to have the pair of those lamps!

Anna