Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

1.30.2007

Moroccan Chic II




Glancing at Anthropologie's February catalog, it looks like Moroccan and Portuguese inspired patterns will remain big on the 2007 style scene. For a touch of Moroccan flair in a room, I love these poufs above, available through Chapman Radcliff. Such pretty colors and perfect for someone who wants to throw a spot of bohemian spice into an otherwise clean-lined interior. $300.

For more lush Moroccan style, see Taschen's Living in Morocco/ Vivre Au Maroc, shown above.



The pastel leather Moroccan poufs, above, are still available through John Derian. I first saw them mixed with French antiques in Elle Decor, 2005, when Candace Bushnell's apartment was featured, as shown below.




Below, more evidence of the trend: J. Crew's Moroccan bauble bracelet.

9 comments:

Fairfax said...

Courtney... I saw the poufs in person at John Derian. As I mentioned in my post about JD, I had too many other places to check out, that carrying a large pinkish Morrocan pouf would not have been at all practical!

** Terramia ** said...

One of my all time fav spaces showcased on Elle Decor... I simply adore! The poufs are full of charm and character...

Amy said...

i adore that rug. the colors are sooo beautiful.

Anna said...

I love the second last image - a room which is a white canvas for beautiful things.

The Peak of Chic said...

I agree with you all. Bushnell's apartment was really great. And I love the poufs!

My Marrakech said...

Oh yay for your featuring Moroccan design!:-)

Sara said...

Courtney,
Moroccan design is so beautiful.My Marrakesh is one of my favorites. (I noticed she posted a comment here.) She posted about the beautiful Moroccan poufs that were in ELLE, too. Lovely.

style court said...

Maryam of My Marrakesh is one of my favorites too!

Bayliy said...

Sooooo love it! Good post! I'm happy to read it. Images are very beautiful. Thanks for sharing.