Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

1.18.2007

Vintage Design Book Source



I just came across a great source for vintage design books, Paris Hotel Boutique, via design watcher. Unlike similar sources I've mentioned before, Paris Hotel Boutique lists prices, which is so helpful. And the selection of Cecil Beaton books is strong. A first edition of Beaton's 1945 "Chinese Album" costs $120, while "Beaton in Vogue," another first edition from 1986, is $150. "David Hicks on Decoration with Fabrics," 1971, first edition is also $150.

10 comments:

Amy said...

you have just spent untold amounts of my money!

style court said...

Oh no!

Anna said...

I love the look of the top book and that cover - that would match my baby shower setting!! Thanks for showing Courtney.
Anna

ALL THE BEST said...

Oh Courtney, what a fantastic source!! And you know how much I love design books, especially vintage. The only saving grace is the £ is strong against the $ right now, so maybe I can justify the expense.

Anna said...

I just had to come back to tell you that I went into that site and wow, they have the best things. This is a source that you could have kept to yourself Courtney but you didn't. Thank you for generously sharing this info. I really like some of the vintage jewellery pieces they have - Absolutely Beautiful!!

Anna

style court said...

ALB,
I thought of you when I saw the books!

Anna, thanks! I thought of your shower too. Hope it is a huge success.

Cheers,
Courtney

Fairfax said...

I can't believe $150 for the David Hicks' books! I need to save my two first editions!

Thanks for the nice comments on my site, Courtney.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful site and I have shopped it for years. She used to have a space in a collective nearby and when she told me she was going to have a magazine spread I thought the same thing...oh no, now everyone is going to know about the (my) site! But Lynn, the owner, is super nice so everyone shop away!

Lizzie said...

Thanks for the mention of DESIGNwatcher.com; love your blog! Best, Lizzie.

style court said...

Back at you Lizzie!
Cheers,
Courtney