Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

6.21.2007

Art Media Resources


Celestial Silks: Chinese Religious & Court Textiles

As its name implies, Art Media Resources, a publishing house specializing in Asian art, is in fact a great resource for anyone with a serious interest in the subject. Above and below are some titles that caught my interest. The publisher's catalog also includes a book entirely focused on the evolution of Chinese lacquer and its use on traditional screens: Coromandel Lacquer Screens.


Blanc De Chine: Divine Images in Porcelain



Hidden Meanings in Chinese Art


The Kingdom of Siam: The Art of Central Thailand, 1350-1800


Uzbek Embroidery

Update 6.22.07

Prices for Hidden Meanings in Chinese Art seem to be all over the place -- from $75 to over $150, depending on where you look. I've seen the book on eBay and on the publisher's site priced under $80.

3 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Oh wow! GREAT info here Courtney. You know I will be making a list of books I want, esp. the one on the coromandel screens (which, by the way, I would love to own someday.)

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks for the info, I am esp interested in the Coromandel Lacquer Screens book!

style court said...

Jennifer and GMG,

I'm with you -- I want that book and an actual Coramandel screen :)