Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

6.29.2007

David Hicks by Ashley Hicks II


Above, "Turkish Flower," in red on linen, an original David Hicks design inspired by a silk kaftan in the Topkapi Palace wardrobe.


Above, top right to bottom:
"La Fiorentina" in coral; "Cliffoney" in salmon/wheat; "Waistcoat" in salmon: "Axum Stripe" in coral/sand; ""York Castle" in salmon; "Kyoto Shrine" in salmon; back fabric is "Coggeshall Solid" in salmon
.


Above, "Daisy, Daisy," a geo-floral on cotton/linen that David Hicks first designed in 1961.

This fall, Groundworks will launch a second geometric fabric collection by Ashley Hicks. Again, the line is designed in the style of Hicks's iconic dad, David Hicks. But this time, Ashley's own vision is more dominant with bold geo-florals and geometric figures, and up-to-the-minute color colorways. Above are just a few prints that caught my eye.

Check back for more fall fabric previews over the next few days.

12 comments:

casapinka said...

Daisy Daisy in blue - reminds me of a Spring breakt o Tunisia. Beautiful, and I always love your educational spiels, C.

Robin said...

Love the corals, sigh.....

But it will never be as any shade of that color makes me look like death.

style court said...

Pink, thanks!

kcdesign said...

you are full of great sneak peaks! Love the "turkish flower" and can't believe that casapinka didn't mention it - she was just talking about pink and red yesterday!

The Peak of Chic said...

"Daisy Daisy" is a great print! Can't wait to see others.

girl meets glamour said...

I just love all of these and can't wait for them, esp the Turkish flowwer...thanks for the info!!

~Kate

style court said...

Kate, you're welcome!! Glad you like them.

robyn said...

Wow, I can't believe Daisy, Daisy is from 1961, I love it. Turkish Flower is special too. Nice post.

Janet said...

The "Turkish Flower" print is drop-dead gorgeous!!!

katiedid said...

Another beautiful contribution by the oh so talented Hicks family! I look forward to seeing the whole line. Thanks Courtney!

Philippine said...

oops! sorry when I meant 'Turkish Flower" remember me C.Irving fabrics I talk about this post !
I really like A.Hicks II fabrics! :)

patriciagrayinc.com said...

David Hicks fabrics are really timeless. His designs from the 70's & 80's are just as fresh today as they were 30 years ago. I love the dusty pink & persimmion colorways in the middle picture.
Thanks for the post