Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

6.24.2007

Hicks-Lancaster Offspring


The other day, I mentioned a line Mary McDonald once said, "If David Hicks and Nancy Lancaster were married -- that's my style." As an afterthought, I wanted to share this dining room done by McDonald, for her own home. To me, it totally reflects the quote, mixing graphic Hicks-ish chairs with Lancaster's softer, feminine look.

Photography above, Melanie Acevedo for House & Garden, November 2001.

5 comments:

Suzy said...

Thanks for the pic of Mary McDonald's dining room. I'm also a huge fan of her interiors, but I'd never seen this shot before.

The Peak of Chic said...

I loved her whole house, but I think this room was particularly elegant!

kcdesign said...

you and peak have opened my eyes to McDonald - always chic, this room is particularly perfect. Wish I had hung onto this issue.

style court said...

KC,

For back issue House & Garden's, try
http://www.pastpaper.com

Good luck!

katiedid said...

A huge fan here!