Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

6.22.2007

Lamp Muse


Above, a pair of blanc de chine floral vase lamps available through Woodson and Rummerfield's. W & R estimate that the vases that were created in the 1890's, and were later converted into lamps in the 1930's or 40's. The shades are new and made of simple white linen. $3,650.

The other day, KC called me a "lamp muse." I like this description so much that I plan to now do a regular "lamp muse" feature, in which I'll highlight exquisite lighting available retail. I hope these pieces will inspire some to have their own lamps made from a flea market find or heirloom.

Just know that if you have a valuable antique made into a lamp, you may lesson its value. Where I live, it is possible to have an object wired for less than $50; lampshades vary greatly in price, depending on materials and maker. Hardware and cords also range in cost.

2 comments:

kcdesign said...

It's a fitting title - these are gorgeous. Let's see, tuition or lamps, tuition or lamps?

midcenturyjo said...

I am such a lamp addict. You'll be feeding this addiction you know.