Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

6.21.2007

Pagoda Lamps



I know lately I've had a rash of Pieces-related posts, but this pair of lamps is too fabulous not to share. The pagodas are vintage, painted matte white and used with custom charcoal drum shades. Height, 32"; Cost, $1,985. Visit Pieces for details.

If you love these lamps but need a more budget-friendly alternative, remember having your own lamp made from a found object is always an option. For inspiration, see Guanyin.

7 comments:

Laura said...

I looove these lamps. I don't remember them from my (first!) visit to Pieces last week when I was in Atlanta, though I did obsess over everything else in the store!

style court said...

Laura,

I'm SO glad you got to visit in person!

The Peak of Chic said...

Those are great- you could put these in a room and you wouldn't need a lot of other decorative things.

style court said...

Oh good point POC (Jennifer) !

katiedid said...

These are just great! They could go in pretty much any decor really.

kcdesign said...

These are perfection. I saw somewhere recently pagodas from the Winterthur store (which come in a sort of mottled finish) that the sylist had painted red. They would be fab in white, too, and while not quite as good, much cheaper - they would be great lamps. You are a bit of a lamp muse lately!

casapinka said...

I looooooooove these. I find Pieces so inspirational, their website at least. I've never been to the store, of course, but maybe one day!