Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

6.29.2007

Suzanne Rheinstein for Lee Jofa


Above, "Folie Chinoise," is an overscale French chinoiserie print, on all cotton, adapted from a mid-century French design. Rheinstein sees this as ideal for a large wing chair.


Above, "Dotted Leaf," the most graphic pattern in Rheinstein's collection, was inspired by an 18th century English indigo resist print.


Above, "Ikat De Lin," a large scale print on handwoven linen.

"Sensuous and comforting" is how Suzanne Rheinstein describes the translucent colors she chose for her debut collection of fabrics designed for Lee Jofa. The line is set to launch in the fall. Expect to see Rheinstein's signature milky aquas, warm honey tones, bronzes and gray-greens. Above are a few of my favorites. Not surprisingly, I especially adore the large scale "Folie Chinoise."

7 comments:

kcdesign said...

Lovely, thanks for the preview.

Philippine said...

Hello! great blog.
The "Turkish Flower" remember me Carolina Irving's fabrics (House&Garden's designer). Quite Ottomans inspiration. Love it :)

style court said...

Thanks Philippine!

The Peak of Chic said...

I love all of them, but I agree with you Courtney- "Folie Chinoise" is my favorite too!

Turquoise said...

I have one word - YUM!

Cote de Texas said...

Gorgeous - you're right about the Folie chinoise, I want to use that TODAY!!! I love toiles in up to date colors: Canovas' use of eccentric color combinations make his toiles delicious. Thanks for the heads up on Rheinstein and Lee Jofa!
Joni
Cote de Texas

style court said...

KC, Texas,

You're welcome!