Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

9.28.2007

Domino Book in the Works



By the time I went to hit "publish," this news was blanketing the blogosphere (I think Jennifer, a.k.a. Bibliostyle, typed the fastest.) But I've been encouraged to help spread the word. And it's staight from the source: innovative Domino, one of Condé Nast’s most successful launches of all time, just signed a deal with Simon & Schuster to publish its first book.

Aptly titled "The Domino Book of Decorating," the volume is being edited by the magazine's Editor in Chief Deborah Needleman, Creative Director Sara Ruffin Costello and Style Director Dara Caponigro. Look for it Fall 2008.

As you well know, the ever popular book-filled room above was decorated by Sara Ruffin Costello and photographed by Paul Costello.

6 comments:

Katherine said...

I'll be interested to see if it's more than just using old Domino images like other pubs do ...which I don't necessarily mind.

Also, I read the Ruthie Sommer's book has been pushed back to March 2008 now. waiting... waiting...

Style Court said...

Katherine, I know, I've been really frustrated by the delays with the Sommers book :(

Anonymous said...

love your blog am just joing up now for comments

Style Court said...

Anonymous, thanks for visiting!

design for mankind. said...

YAYYYYYY--- I'm so so excited!!!! Thanks for the info!

The Peak of Chic said...

What can I say? I was so excited that my fingers were typing quite quickly!
I am really excited about this, as well as Ruthie's book :)