Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

9.28.2007

Reader Search: Lady de Rothschild Apartment




A reader tells me she has fallen head-over-heels for this Michael Smith-designed kitchen. It's Lady de Rothchild's, seen in the designer's book, Michael Smith Elements of Style, as well as in a past issue of Elle Decor. The question is, which issue?

We need to know because the reader seeks a source for the understated tile not mentioned in the book. Tear sheets of the amazing dining room, top, are all I saved from Elle Decor (kitchen happens to be on the back -- no tile source). As I recall this was a cover story about four years ago.

If you know the scoop, fill us in!

Photography above via Elle Décor. Wallpaper is 18th-century Chinese bought at auction.

5 comments:

charlie's mom said...

What a great space. Just when you think you can't do any more white traditional kitchens...it makes me rethink my project.

I don't remember the issue, but the reader might want to try Artistic Tile. They've got so much, and a lot that resembles the tile here.

My question is about the floor- polished concrete or linoleum? Or what?

Kathleen said...

I love that kitchen too and saved the entire article that is mentioned...including the resources. The source for the tile is not listed. I do not have the actual issue details, but agree that this one was from several years ago.

Nina said...

I think the tile may be from waterworks. They have very similar narrow tiles.

katiedid said...

Perhaps Ann Sacks?

Anonymous said...

OCt 03