Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

10.26.2007

DBD 2007 Wrap-Up




This will sound like I'm fawning over Margaret Russell, but if I'm being honest I have to say her tent and tables were my favorite at Dining By Design 2007. It's a very subjective reaction -- I'm a big fan of those Isnik-inspired fabrics from Mehmet and Dimonah Iskel. And I think Paul Ludick's contemporary blue metal tables keep the vignette fresh. If I were throwing a big budget bash, Russell's Moroccan fantasy is something I would love to duplicate.

Below, I thought you might be interested in seeing the Iskel's Paris kitchen from Elle Decor, December 2006.



BTW: DBD heads to Chicago November 1-3.

Elle Decor photo by Simon Upton

6 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

It looks like she did do a wonderful job, and I love her choice of fabrics. And of course you know I love a chic tent!

annechovie said...

I love the look of Margaret Russell's tent also, Courtney. Something very unique and innovative, yet classic at the same time. Those fabrics are so exotic and charming!

girl meets glamour said...

I completely agree with you Courtney, what a fabulous way to dine, Morocan style! Love the blue tables, esp. Thanks for sharing.

~Kate

Cote de Texas said...

Fawn all you want, it looks fabulous, but I love that kitchen!!!!


Joni

patricia gray said...

What a dreamy tent and the Isnik inspired fabrics are beautiful!

robyn said...

I love the kichen photograph, I have to catch up on reading today... :)