Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

10.29.2007

Book Mania


With all of the new book releases, I could really use substantial shelves like this. Kelly Wearstler and sons photographed by Douglas Friedman for Bazaar's special issue.



Yet another new design book, Vogue Living: Houses, Gardens, People,from Vogue Editor, Hamish Bowles, is scheduled to be released tomorrow. I think many of us will be racing to our local book store for a copy.



Personally I'm hoping to see more views of Carolina Irving's Long Island home (she's Vogue Living's globe-trotting Style Editor.) Above, Irving is photographed by Francois Halard for Vogue, October 2006; Below, the weekend residence with a hanging suzani from her friend, Christian Louboutin, and a Directoire sofa covered in Indian raw silk from decorator Peter Dunham, as seen in Vogue Living, fall 2006.



I expect the blogosphere to soon be buzzing about the book and can't wait to read everyone's take.

BTW: Lisa Fine and Carolina Irving are scheduled to have a big launch of their hand-embroidered blouse collection at Charlotte Moss the week after Thanksgiving.

7 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Hope to see you at the bookstore Courtney! I think it will be interesting to see what everyone's favorite homes are. I have a feeling that Tues afternoon/Wed will be Vogue Living blogging day!

Style Court said...

Ditto Jennifer!!

bill said...

2 weeks ago I got the new Slim Aarons book...Poolside...I don't think the release date is until Nov. 1 though - it's really great, I love it and the Duquette book will be out soon...I can't take it, I'm stressed but I'm loving the Postman these days...

Style Court said...

Bill, I know what you mean! Can't wait for the Duquette book :)

Suzy said...

I am loving Kelly Wearstler's new office - including her fabulous new bookshelves, and all those books...I'm patiently awaiting the arrival of the Duquette book too.

katiedid said...

I got my copy a couple of days ago through Amazon and I have not been able to put it down since! It is a wonderful book. Lot's of great posts Courtney! I will be trying to catch up with all the blog posts I have been missing lately!:)

Style Court said...

Thanks Katie!