Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

11.29.2007

Color Inspiration: Movies




For some reason I associate Shakespeare in Love with the holidays and tend to watch it every first weekend in December. The colors are so lush. Those peacock-blues and greens in Judi Dench's costume (top) remind me a little of ribbons I'm using this year. The film is just filled with sumptuous jewel tones. (For more Elizabethan style visit the V & A.)




I need to settle on some tags...

14 comments:

All Things Bright and Beautiful....Creative Flair Chic said...

Your gift wrapping is luscious - wow! No ones going to want to unwrap these!!!

maison21 said...

my goodness you wrap a pretty gift! the bottom one is particularly striking- simple yet luxe.

Alkemie said...

I liked the movie Elizabeth but have not seen the second movie yet. Fun photos of your Christmas wrapping ^_^

Karen

Anna said...

Your gifts are looking so lovely!! I hope you are going to enter the ABT Christmas Comp!!
XO
Anna

Style Court said...

Thanks everyone!

Mrs. Blandings said...

That turquoise ribbon has me pea-green with envy. As my friend says, "I'm a sick jealous wreck." You are so ahead of the game. I have bought exactly two gifts!

Style Court said...

Patricia, it's in stock at mjtrim.com :)

The Peak of Chic said...

I've bought my gifts and wrapped them but they certainly don't like as stylish as yours!! :)

Style Court said...

Jennifer, I seriously doubt that!!

katiedid said...

Oh, you are all so on top of things! I have not wrapped a single gift yet, although I have bought some paper. Beautiful and I love your deer!

Style Court said...

Katie, thanks!!

ALL THE BEST said...

Beautiful bows Courtney!!

Style Court said...

Thanks Ronda!

Cote de Texas said...

Courtney, what did you decide to go with ? Can't you do both? or not? This is such a serious matter, I had no idea!