Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

11.25.2007

Wrapping Things Up



Still waiting on the red zig-zag paper from Nepal.



I splurged on hand-dyed ribbon from M & J Trimming and a few more ornaments. So this year I'll probably have to skip those engraved tags from Mrs. John L. Strong.


Broadway Paper has a great selection of charming tags, like the Kate Spade mittens above. If you're inspired to make your own, check out Impress Rubber Stamps. For seriously budget-friendly options, Target sells a 48-pack of simple classic paper tags, $11.99.

Oh and speaking of gifts, for a while I've had discreetly placed in my sidebar a holiday fundraiser to benefit Shepherd Center, a catastrophic care hospital. If you're planning to give your postman or neighbor sweets this season, please check out the project.

7 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

You DID NOT buy all those ornaments! You are cracking me up. Wait until you see my tree; I have an ornament addiction. And the ribbon is fabulous.

Style Court said...

Patricia, i can't wait to see your tree! And yeah, I've got boxes and boxes of them :)

Habitually Chic said...

I collect vintage ornaments but this year I don't have room for a big tree so I have no idea what I'm going to do. I'm not sure if the tiny fake tree my mother sent me is going to make it. So depressing!

Alkemie said...

I Love ribbons, wrapping paper, and ornaments! I'm practically drooling :P I love to collect vintage ornaments. Your box of ornaments look Great! Want to share? Meanwhile, I have an addiction to chairs that I can't seem to stop collecting. You'll get a crack out of all the chairs in my living room. I posted them today, come visit! Meanwhile, I am looking forward to more photos of your Christmas embellishments!

Style Court said...

Alkemie, thanks!

HC, my fresh tree is pretty small -- Martha Stewart style on a table :)

Janet said...

Oh my lord! Such treasures...have you really decorated your tree already?!? I need to get to work...

Style Court said...

Yeah, I know, so so early but I have a little guest coming for a special holiday weekend.