Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

11.29.2007

Yellow Doors



I'm not in Palm Springs, but one of my favorite local talents recently was. Generously, she has shared with me her design-related pictures snapped for inspiration (more on that next week.) This one of the brilliant yellow doors at Viceroy Palm Springs reminds me of an Atlanta home I've long admired. It's flannel-gray brick and used to have a fabulous yellow front door.

Not too many houses can pull-off the yellow door -- at least few homes in the U.S. seem to have them. But Dublin knows how to do it.



Here's a great image via Mari.

7 comments:

Alicia G. said...

I have a yellow door and the doors of Dublin were my inspiration.

Style Court said...

Alicia, how cool!!

Jennifer said...

Fabulous! Not too often you see yellow doors in Ottawa.

Mélanie said...

I love yellow but yellow door I've never thought abou it !! I will

Anna said...

Gorgeous and so out of the ordinary - I love it!
XO
Anna

Mrs. Blandings said...

It's no surprise, I adore the door! A great way to use yellow. There's nothing better than a really - really - shiny front door.

The Peak of Chic said...

Yes, I agree, I think people are scared of doing things like painting their doors yellow. But, just look at those wonderful doors in Dublin!