Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

1.31.2008

More Wild Things





Even though I didn't choose Brunschwig & Fils' "Le Zebre" for an ottoman project, (still love the animal print and hope to use it one day) wild things currently have a strong presence around my house. In the spring I'll be putting together a safari-themed child's party.

You probably are well-acquainted with the big cuddly lion sold at Anthropologie, but the old fashioned wooden push toys are less common I think. They were discontinued at my original source, so I tracked down the little animals at an obscure UK-based shop, The Blue Sun. I took a chance and was very pleased with the customer service. Battery free, these animals "dance" when a small button at their base is pushed.

(BTW: Due to tiny parts they could pose a choking hazzard for the youngest children.)

Image top, Carolina Herrera, Jr.'s ottoman covered in "Le Zebre," photographed by Eric Cahan for Domino, spring/summer 2005.

3 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

Courtney - it will be darling! Check Land of Nod - sometimes they have that sort of thing. Adorable! You are so lucky it's not Star Wars. ;(

Anonymous said...

Do you know Petra Toys: http://www.petratoysusa.com? I ordered the press puppets as party favorites a few years back, and they were a huge hit. I'm sure the party will be adorable!

Elise

Style Court said...

Elise, thanks for the tip!