Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

1.29.2008

Palace Garden






Recently I had in my hands a memo sample of Suzanne Rheinstein's "Palace Garden," a large-scale linen-cotton floral with the most beautiful blue background. To me it's sort of a toned-down Tiffany-blue. Prettier than the preview on my computer.

Fans of Rheinstein are well acquainted with the framed chinoiserie panels hanging in her L.A. house (I believe the wallpaper came from her husband's childhood home.) "Palace Garden" definitely seems inspired by these panels.

Top image of Suzanne Rheinstein is from Inspired Styles, published by Assouline 2007.

12 comments:

Style Court said...

"Palace Garden" is available through Hollyhock in L.A. (use the Rheienstein link in post) and retails for a bit over $200 per yard.

Mrs. Blandings said...

Courtney - I did not know it was inspired by the panels - it's so pretty. Not the one?

Style Court said...

Well, seems inspired. To me at least.

It's absolutely exquisite and I would love to use it one day. For my bedroom, Quadrille is the one :)

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just wanted to write and say how much I enjoy your blog - I visit once a day. I discovered you through janetblyberg. I enjoy the posts on new or discovered vintage publications the most.
KDM

Style Court said...

Thank you KDM! So nice of you to take time to comment.

Arch at Rang said...

This is really pretty...love the subtle colour & the floral print:-)

Be the change..... said...

It's a beautiful print, but I love the faux-bamboo chair she is in in her garden. It looks like a well-loved and OLD chair!

ALL THE BEST said...

It is so wonderful, everything about it!!

girl meets glamour said...

Much more lovely in person, thanks for sharing Courtney!

~Kate

linda said...

So pretty!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

oooh those birds! I do love those.

MichaelA said...

I met Suzanne at the Launch party for her fabric line at Lee Jofa in the NYC D&D she was so lovely and cool and her fabrics are just amazing!!!