Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

2.29.2008

Crown Jewels


I'm drawn to lush colors. This little malachite box from Coleen & Company is one of my favorite things. And I love the jewel tones chosen by Atlanta-based Turq Jewelry for their spring/summer 2008 collection.


Although they are fresh and modern, these pieces remind me of the insanely lavish colors and intricate details seen in The Other Boleyn Girl.


Shelter mags seem to be emphasizing richer hues too. Do you believe intense greens, (think the famous Atonement dress) saphires and ruby reds will come back to interiors with full force?

Film images copyright Sony Pictures 2008. For more English style visit the V & A.

11 comments:

Cote de Texas said...

Oh gawd, I HOPE not! I hated those jewel toned interiors. Please don't ask for them back too loudly. The color people may hear you! God Forbid - NO JEWEL TONES!!!! good post otherwise :0 = love your tablescape! I finally got the zebra book - had to be in on all the action ya know. Loving having you in my inbox - I'm going to haunt your comment section. You may want to unsuscribe me!!

Joni

Style Court said...

Thanks Joni. Oh that's right you like things soft and pale -- very French/Swedish! Will be interesting to see what happens...

halcyon said...

Style Court! Don't enable me on Malachite boxes! I collect them. How glad to see the octagonal one was sold!!!

Style Court said...

Halcyon, I bet you have a beautiful collection :)

Brilliant Asylum said...

I like the "new" jewel tones--much brighter than the Bunny MacDougal-esque plaids and mallards of the early 1990's.

Style Court said...

Good point Millie.

Style Court said...

Also, Peak of Chic has done a great post on deep green walls :)

Lucky Loo said...

Hi love this post!!!Let me introduce myself,I'm Lorie from Soulful Adornments, just love that your took the time to share with the blog world this post on this period of old jewellery! We had the "Costume Master" buy for "The Other Boleyn Girl" from our blog for style reference on their designs,Isabella was a gem to work with!If you get a chance peek in on us at www.loriepricebischoff.typepad.com
(this is where we sell)
or soulfuladornments.blogspot.com
(this is where we chat)
All the gals at my (Soulful Adornments) office love to see what you post next!! Please keep up your had work and thanks for sharring!
lorie :D

Style Court said...

So interesting Lorie. Thanks for the intro.

Jessica N. Condatore said...

Thanks for turning me on to turq jewelry! Love the stuff!

Style Court said...

jessica, I'm so glad you like it too :)