Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

4.24.2008

More From Anne Coyle



Here's a little Thursday treat: Anne Coyle has updated her site with new projects. I think you will notice her signature use of lavender (she was ahead of the curve on that) as well as her beloved black-and-white graphic stripes (zebra and vertical). The interiors are timeless but, as always, youthful and glamorous. I'm coveting the powder room above.


Sometimes the influence of Frédéric Méchiche's work can be seen in Coyles' projects. Above, stripes in a bath at the Méchiche-designed Hotel Le A.


Méchiche's dining room, circa 1996. Image via CNN.

15 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm coveting them all! Thanks for sharing -- definitely a Thursday treat.

Love your blog, by the way :)

Style Court said...

thanks jennifer!

Pigtown-Design said...

The stripes are sort of Dorothy Draperish...

Style Court said...

Meg, yes and also there's a male French designer I think Anne admires who uses stripes like this -- I'll butcher his name without reaching for a book! Freder... Mech...

I'm really embarrassing myself with the spelling!

Style Court said...

frederic mechiche

Cote de Texas said...

Freddie M. (ha!) designed the prettiest bathroom ever - you know the one- with the brass tub. It's jsut gorgeous. can't wait to check out the new web site. thanks for getting the word out.

pve design said...

I especially love a woman with such coy and cunning inner chic all created from the depths of mother-hood and evolving into a stylish business. there's hope.

kelly said...

love that bathroom mirror!

My Notting Hill said...

love the bathroom with the stripes and how the stone surround fits the tub. Really enjoyed the Designer's Daughter post too - great inspiration there.

LondonCalling said...

Stripes are my thing.

katiedid said...

I am a huge Anne fan, so it is really fun for me to see that mirror in the powder room! (Psst..I have the same one in mine.) Seeing her powder room is giving me ideas as to what to do with the walls! :)

House & Life said...

Love Anne, can't wait to check on her site.

Things That Inspire said...

Great post! You were the one who originally introduced me to Anne Coyle, and I love her work.

Style Court said...

thanks sarah!

Brilliant Asylum said...

All of her black and white stripes are fab.