Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

10.28.2008

Check It Out

Lynn, the creative force behind Paris Hotel Boutique, recently sold a first edition of Beaton in Vogue, a sought-after book that highlights Cecil Beaton's half century of contributions to the magazine, including his drawings and photographs dating from the 1920s to the 1970s. (She has plenty of other special titles, though, if you are shopping.) 

For those of you in Atlanta who just want a chance to borrow the book for a while, six copies (total) are supposed to be available through our public library system. The four branches that currently have one copy are Alpharetta Branch, Roswell Regional, Sandy Springs Regional, and South Fulton Regional. Central Library has two copies. Good luck!



The Blessing by Nancy Mitford, 1951, another Paris Hotel Boutique offering, is my virtual gift to Mrs. Blandings. (This one is also at the Buckhead library.)

18 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

Mrs. Blandings is virtually delighted. Thanks for thinking of me.

Style Court said...

I'm so glad!

milly (elephants&redwoods) said...

This would make a good Christmas for my fellow "designies". thanks!!

milly (elephants&redwoods) said...

This would make a good Christmas for my fellow "designies". thanks!!

Style Court said...

Milly -- yes, I'm sure it would be a hit :)

Karena said...

Must get The Blessings if it is at my Leawood Pioneer Library!

annkent said...

Oh gosh, thank you for sharing. I love to find good reads from past days and I especially love vintage VOGUE magazines!

Style Court said...

Karena, Annkent --

Thanks for stopping by. I've received some email requests to highlight more of the great offerings at public libraries. I may continue with it every few weeks.

Ivy Lane said...

Style Court, I FINALLY rec'd the new issue of Domino..Kudos to your mention! And thank you for all your inspiration and enlightenment!

Style Court said...

Thanks Ivy -- I truly appreciate your comments and will strive to keep my posts inspirational!

stacy said...

You may have already done this but it possible to prompt a year end book round up from you?

Style Court said...

Hi Stacy -- I was going to do holiday gift suggestions in the next few weeks but, sure, great idea, I can try to do more of round up. Thanks for your interest :)

IzzyLu said...

I just got my new copy of Domino yesterday and loved your press mention. I am so glad you were featured because your site was what got me so excited about decorating blogs! Congrats!

Style Court said...

Oh that's really kind of you to say Izzy Lu -- thanks! I adore your logo.

Laura said...

Wow--I didn't realize what wonderful things our libraries have! It has me thinking about that referendum on the ballot...

Style Court said...

Hi Laura -- I have been finding many treasures.

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

Hi Courtney, thank you so much for the mention!! Hope all is well with you.

CONGRATS on the mention in Domino!! I was just reading it yesterday and was thrilled to see you and Style Court. Lynn

Style Court said...

Hi Lynn -- thanks so much!