Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

6.24.2009

Buying Local (and a Little More Spade)

If it seems that I've been mentioning Emily Amy Gallery a lot lately, it is because the gallery's calendar currently features so many events of interest to beginning collectors. For example, the upcoming opening reception for the group show, Buy Local, is scheduled for Friday, July 10th from 7 to 10 p.m. On view will be works from emerging artists including Zuzka Vaclavik, Kristina Bailey, Holly Golson Bryan, Whitney Stansell, Meta Gary, and Will Kay. Shown at top is Vaclavik's watercolor, Delicious Rhythms. Stansell will be participating as a guest artist; learn more about her over at Timothy Tew.

Contact EAG to RSVP for the reception.

Haskell, aka Belle Decor, just jogged my memory about some older images I had on file. This is the Spade weekend house as seen on Oprah a few years ago. Sadly, I don't think I have the staircase that Haskell remembers from H & G, but it's still great to see the art here.


I do see Goodbye Picasso on the coffee table.

3 comments:

Dumbwit Tellher ♥ said...

"Delicious Rhythms" is gorgeous!

Southern Aspirations said...

Love the Buy Local and am interested in checking out EA July 10. Referenced the gallery in an unrelated post, but since I first learned about it from you, linked to this post.

JMW said...

I love the green throughout. And, I really like the sofa across from the dining table. Very nice!